Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: New version of ClusterKnoppix

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Cool. I'll stick to ClusterKnoppix for now though.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    21
    Speaking of which, a new version of ClusterKnoppix is available

    # sync with latest Knoppix release
    # removed some debug messages
    # upgraded to kernel 2.4.21-rc7 and openmosix-3 release
    # upgraded to official openmosix-3 usertools
    # fixed knx-hdinstall to work with clusterknoppix boot288.img
    # packaged terminalserver changes
    # made a big KNOPPIX image merged with all the scientific quantian goodies for use on a installed ClusterKnoppix

    http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/

    (mirrors aren't in sync yet, but will be soon hopefully)

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Wow, you merged Quantian apps onto your clusterKNOPPIX ISO?

    I thought Quantian was going to add clustering....

    Regards,

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
    Wow, you merged Quantian apps onto your clusterKNOPPIX ISO?

    I thought Quantian was going to add clustering....

    Regards,
    He added openmosix to quantian (his 0.3 has just been released).
    ClusterKnoppix is still plain old knoppix+openmosix without all the science stuff, but I've added the option for a server to give a BIG image to their pxe/whatever clients.
    This image contains all of knoppix + all of Quantian addons.

    So in short, if you want
    1 CD with Quantian/OpenMosix stuff -> Take Quantian
    1 CD with ClusterKnoppix/OpenMosix (without science) -> Take ClusterKnoppix

    If you want to install a terminalserver for your clients -> Take ClusterKnoppix + QuantianAddon

    More information on howto install/use that terminalserver on http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/doc/ts/

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    dolphin,

    I was just looking at your FAQ and it says that ext3 will now work on a hdinstall. That's great. How'd you fix it? I presume that XFS still isn't working.

    Now if I can just figure out how to get the terminal server to work on the hdinstall. I'm still looking into this one.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    21
    XFS isn't working because I can't get it merged with openmosix

    About the terminalserver, check out http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/doc/ts/
    Yes, you need to copy the whole KNOPPIX image to your harddisk, but what server doesn't have a big harddisk nowadays

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphin
    About the terminalserver, check out http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/doc/ts/
    Yes, you need to copy the whole KNOPPIX image to your harddisk, but what server doesn't have a big harddisk nowadays
    Yes, this is helpful, but I'm still trying to get the terminal server to work on a regular install so I can add/remove stuff on the server easily. If this can be made to work, it will make managing the clients quite easy and the additional benifits that come with the Openmosix components of your project make this kind of setup very cool.

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    21

    ClusterKnoppix release was corrupt ISO

    The updated iso has been put online, but only at the main ftpsite, the mirrors still have the corrupted one.

    http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/

    the correct md5sum for clusterKNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-06-06-EN-cl1.iso is b425c470409a479b5c415619703b1cf5

    Sorry for the inconveniece

    --Wim

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    20

    Re: ClusterKnoppix release was corrupt ISO

    I'm downloading the re-release of the 2003-06-06 release with the correct md5sum b425c470409a479b5c415619703b1cf5 now.

    It will be available for bittorrent users from http://www.boegenielsen.dk/knoppix in about 1 hour.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9

    Re: ClusterKnoppix release was corrupt ISO

    Quote Originally Posted by tboege
    I'm downloading the re-release of the 2003-06-06 release with the correct md5sum b425c470409a479b5c415619703b1cf5 now.
    I just want to know if you hve set up the terminalopenmosixserver and how did you do it, I have tried twice and coldn't work.

    I'm connected via sallite and I have an XP box as a router and I have dhcp server running on it, do I have to turn it off? and set the clusterknoppix server box with static ip #? I have all the motherboard and BIOS with the aption to boot over network, is that it that I need or there's special thing else to do?

    I need a lot of help, I'm kind new to all this....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. clusterKnoppix -- How to?
    By hemps in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 03:34 AM
  2. using clusterKnoppix
    By knight28974 in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 08:34 PM
  3. ClusterKnoppix
    By rvg in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 11:33 PM
  4. ClusterKnoppix problum
    By gordonzero in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 01:08 AM
  5. ClusterKnoppix install
    By deathmas in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 09:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage RARE 1980s Apple Computer Logo Frisbee. Great shape, w/ the usual nicks picture

Vintage RARE 1980s Apple Computer Logo Frisbee. Great shape, w/ the usual nicks

$220.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Vintage-Apple Bondi Blue USB Keyboard M2452 picture

Vintage-Apple Bondi Blue USB Keyboard M2452

$89.99



5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet picture

5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet

$239.95



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984 picture

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984

$179.99