-
Greetings, I am a newbie as well, however - i have several reinstalls and reconfigs under my belt. I have done and HD Gui Install. Then - tohd, fromhd to create a persistent image - that now accepts my password, and has the correct system time, and of course Knoppix folder displayed on the desktop (which is how you know when everything is fine). Of course, I have one remaining challenge. (I also broke grub, lost Windows - had to do a "fixmbr" from recovery console - and now have Windows, Knoppix, and Grub all restored..... My remaining problem is getting to my persistent home without booting from the CD and using the fromhd command. I have tried the simple "e" edit at the Grub boot screen - inputting "fromhd=/dev/sda3", and "home=scan" to no avail. After about 20 hours, and finally resting I am in a good place now. Any advise on how to proceed with getting Grub to acknowledge the "poor-mans" install?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Retro Lot IC CHIPS CERAMIC Plastic Assorted GOLD Scrap Collection Tubes
$199.99

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used
$47.99

Vintage Macintosh 128k 512k Microsoft FILE Version 1.0 Data Management File
$89.99

Vintage HP 320LX Palmtop PC w/ Stylus Pen, Backlight, Windows CE | TESTED
$99.00

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 910 Netbook Laptop Vintage Compact PC
$100.00

Vintage Koala Pad Koalapad Touch Tablet IBM PC
$75.00

Vintage Mitsubishi CDVR412 CD-RW Optical Drive SCSI 50 Pin Used
$47.99

Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99