Quote Originally Posted by dyfi View Post
Hi, Thank you for answering my query. I will purchase a new USB flash drive with sufficient space. What I need to clarify is :- Can I command to boot from that USB during the next live CD startup? Regards, Dyfi
Your question, if I understand correctly is how to install KNOPPIX on the USB flash.
The answer to the question is there is a script called flash-knoppix which you can
run it from the commandline or you invoked it from the GUI :-

Code:
       $ su
       # flash-knoppix
Assuming that you are using LXDE, you can invoked it from the GUI :-

( LXDE menu ) --> Preferences --> "Install KNOPPIX to flash disk"
( bottom left icon )

You will typical only need 1 G flash for that purpose. But the resulting installation is again, like the live CD, whatever things you saved, are saved into the memory and are not persistent across reboot. To have persistency, this is when you will need about 4G or more space. The system will prompt you for creation of persistent store when you boot up from the USB flash.