-
Senior Member
registered user
[snip]
First of all, I made no mention of wanting anyone to do anything. I have been following the topic of creating a small iso of knoppix. I did thank Mr. Knopper for such a fine job. I did pose a question why a 240 meg distro is still so obese. Why all the junk? A visit to Mr. Tech2k's ironically spurred me to write my first post. I cannot believe all the stuff he is cramming in there. [snip]
Maudite,your right and I am sorry if my post seems harsh.The great thing about GNU/Linux is that everyone can work together and contribute to it.I get hammered with e-mails with everyone wanting my mini-cd and people wanting me to re-master for them and was not in the best "mood" when I posted that last night (should have done the 10 count before hitting "submit").I am on a dialup connection and could not host one of mine if I wanted to
People are needey and the old saying is too true about not being able to please most of the people most of the time.In fact I made one of the very first post on these forums "asking" for a "base install".Now Alextreme has done such a thing and is sharing it on his server.I hope that helps many of you and I take my hat off to him for doing this.
I had just gotten started in remastering when I wanted that base and have since made it along with many differiant mini-cd's.This is all just a hobby for me and I am a prefectionest whose work is far for perfect.It would just "kill" me if I ever get a mini cd on the net for download because I will have one made that I like better the very next day and feel like the one on the net sux.
I do it all the hard way removing one package at a time and hope someday that someone will write a script that will make it easy for people who dont have the time to do it like that.
Bottom Line is :
Tech2k is sorry for his previeous post on on this page and he thanks everyone who has posted howtos and even remastered cd's and also encourages anyone who has not yet tried their hand at remastering to give it a try.It's very addictiave and no rocket science is required.Believe me if I can manage to do it then anybody can because I am far far from being a guru.If I can help anyone fish please let me know.
Similar Threads
-
By Pengers in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 02:14 AM
-
By roberto in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-03-2003, 07:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Atari SX212 Modem for IBM Systems w/ Box, Owner's Manual & Power Adapter NOS
$125.00

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00