Hi - newbie here -
I have been 'playing around' with various versions of Linux ( Knoppix/Suse/Ubuntu and Windows on a 160Gb hard drive for a while and I wanted to revert it back to just a blank 160Gb hdd.
Using Knoppix live 5.1.1, I opened up a terminal and went into sudo gparted & to see what was showing and the following showed up -
/dev/cloop0 (5.76GiB)
/dev/cloop1 (0B)
/dev/cloop2 (4.60GiB)
/dev/cloop3 (0B)
/dev/cloop4 (0B)
/dev/cloop5 (0B)
/dev/cloop6 (0B)
/dev/cloop7 (0B)
/dev/hda (149.05GiB)
my question is - are cloop0 and cloop2 actually on the hdd or are they images that the live dvd is showing so that when I access a Knoppix programme - this provides a quick reference to access it.
I have also used a windows bootable floppy disc dos programme called 'debug' which helps to revert a hdd back to an 'unused' state but this also only shows 149.05Gb.
Have I lost 10Gb somewhere??
many thanks for help in advance.

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
BA96-07387A for Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950QCG LCD Screen Complete Assembly
$299.00