-
SATA h/w RAID volume not detected
Hi,
I have a HP workstation xw4200 with a SATA controller that can be configured as a stand-alone SATA controller (no RAID) or in full f/w RAID 0, 1 or ... mode. In my configuration it is set up in a RAID 1 mode, presenting the two 160 GB disks as one mirrored set.
Windows installation detected only one disk, being the mirrored volume. Installation of Windows succeeded. Windows presents the RAID controller as a standard disk (such as IDE) and did not require specific drivers to be installed.
Now I want to copy information I put aside back to this RAID volume, using knoppix.
Problem is knoppix only reports the two individual disks, not the RAID volume.
I can see the RAID set but the status says "RAID is not available".
fdisk -l only lists the individual disks, not the RAID set.
My question: what can I do to mount this RAID volume?
Thanks for any information that could help,
Pat
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110)
$61.30

Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse
$245.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00

Vintage 1980s 1990s Lot of 175 Used PC Computer 5.25" Floppy Disks IBM
$175.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Compaq SLT/386s/20 laptop Boots to DOS, power supply, CMOS dead working
$345.00

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99