-
SATA h/w RAID volume not detected
Hi,
I have a HP workstation xw4200 with a SATA controller that can be configured as a stand-alone SATA controller (no RAID) or in full f/w RAID 0, 1 or ... mode. In my configuration it is set up in a RAID 1 mode, presenting the two 160 GB disks as one mirrored set.
Windows installation detected only one disk, being the mirrored volume. Installation of Windows succeeded. Windows presents the RAID controller as a standard disk (such as IDE) and did not require specific drivers to be installed.
Now I want to copy information I put aside back to this RAID volume, using knoppix.
Problem is knoppix only reports the two individual disks, not the RAID volume.
I can see the RAID set but the status says "RAID is not available".
fdisk -l only lists the individual disks, not the RAID set.
My question: what can I do to mount this RAID volume?
Thanks for any information that could help,
Pat
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Mass Microsystems DataPak 88MB Removable External SCSI Hard Drive...
$149.99

Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse
$350.00

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Dell Inspiron 7500 15" Pentium II 400MHz 128MB 4.8GB Windows 2000 Pro
$59.00

15pc Vintage Networking Electronics Lot Netgear Linksys D-Link Roku Untested
$85.00

Vintage Tiny KB-9805 PC Qwerty Keyboard Retro Wired #99
$54.99

VINTAGE IBM THINKPAD 770 TYPE 9548 13.7" PENTIUM MMX LAPTOP As Is
$189.99

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99

Vintage 1983 Commodore 1702 Color Video CRT Monitor. Tested.
$350.00