Open Synaptic package manager and search for dmraid. Then see here: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/SataRaid.
YMMV
Hi,
I have a HP workstation xw4200 with a SATA controller that can be configured as a stand-alone SATA controller (no RAID) or in full f/w RAID 0, 1 or ... mode. In my configuration it is set up in a RAID 1 mode, presenting the two 160 GB disks as one mirrored set.
Windows installation detected only one disk, being the mirrored volume. Installation of Windows succeeded. Windows presents the RAID controller as a standard disk (such as IDE) and did not require specific drivers to be installed.
Now I want to copy information I put aside back to this RAID volume, using knoppix.
Problem is knoppix only reports the two individual disks, not the RAID volume.
I can see the RAID set but the status says "RAID is not available".
fdisk -l only lists the individual disks, not the RAID set.
My question: what can I do to mount this RAID volume?
Thanks for any information that could help,
Pat
Open Synaptic package manager and search for dmraid. Then see here: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/SataRaid.
YMMV
I meant to point the OP in the direction of dmraid, and also mdadm. The link I posted states:I dont have the hardware either, and as it turns out the 6.0.1 version of Knoppix has dmraid and mdadm installed, so hopefully the OP can give them a try without downloading anything.The RAID support offered by most Serial ATA disk controllers is not hardware RAID. Instead it can best be classified as "software RAID provided by the BIOS of the controller".
What kind of SATA controller is actually responsible for the array? It doesn't sound like an "actual" array (e.g. hardware RAID), so you'll probably have to re-setup the RAID using mdadm when using Knoppix.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
Dell OptiPlex 3070 SFF Desktop Intel Core i3 9th gen 8gb RAM 128gb NVMe win11pro
$79.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop 14” FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99
Dell Latitude 5420 14" - Core i5-1145G7 - 8GB - 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro - WARRANTY
$276.35