-
install Knoppix on the /sdx2 of a usb key
hello everybody,
I've a question, I don't know if it's possible
I'd like to divise my usb key this way :
The first partition FAT32, which contains some datas.
The second partition FAT32, within knoppix.
Is it possible the do that way, modifying the mbr for example on the usb key ?
Thanks you
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yes it is possible to do it, but there is no ready script for this task, you will have to roll up the sleeves on this.
Take a look at the script /usr/bin/knoppix-flash, that will give you some idea what are the steps involved.
-

Originally Posted by
kl522
Yes it is possible to do it, but there is no ready script for this task, you will have to roll up the sleeves on this.
Take a look at the script /usr/bin/knoppix-flash, that will give you some idea what are the steps involved.
I think a good way to go would be to use the flash-install as is, then modify
1) the partitioning with GParted (to shift your Knoppix from partiion 1 to p.2) and
2) the boot menu/parameters (e.g boot from. sdb2 instead of sdb1)
Hope that helps!
Krishna
-
Ok, so I solved this problem with unetbootin from a Linux distro...
I was able too install to the second partition.
It's maybee no the best solution, but it work
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Abou Ilyès
Ok, so I solved this problem with unetbootin from a Linux distro...
I was able too install to the second partition.
It's maybee no the best solution, but it work

Unetbootin requires you to select distribution and version.
From the website screen shot, there is no mention of support for Knoppix.
So exactly what distribution and version information you have entered into unetbootin ?
Do you end up having knoppix 'poor man install' or you have a debian hard disk install ?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1690.40

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$452.53

Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$519.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M70q i7-10700T, 2.00GHz, 16GB, 1TB, No Adapter
$239.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$117.45