Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: saving time zone?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Quote Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
    I did as you suggested but when I reboot my hardware clock is set to UTC time.
    I do believe you are trying to change your time using Live CD. I did hd install from 6.2.1 menu and then copied Knoppix from CD to desktop. You need to be a little more specific.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    I do believe you are trying to change your time using Live CD. I did hd install from 6.2.1 menu and then copied Knoppix from CD to desktop. You need to be a little more specific.
    "HD install" is for a few specific purposes (mostly re-mastering), but it isn't really that good for use as a "Linux system." Better to use the "Flash install", which avoids the "chroot'd environment" that causes so many anomalous characteristics not suitable for a working system. Clock changes as described should work better, too!

    Cheers!
    Krishna

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    "HD install" is for a few specific purposes (mostly re-mastering), but it isn't really that good for use as a "Linux system." Better to use the "Flash install", which avoids the "chroot'd environment" that causes so many anomalous characteristics not suitable for a working system. Clock changes as described should work better, too!

    Cheers!
    Krishna
    I am definitely finding that to be the case, Krishna. I am a newbie. I have loaded Debian full, and PCLinuxOS. Since I am not in any real need for usage, just learning and playing around. I decided to stick with the HD install a bit longer. Hard to get around losing your word processor on a full upgrade.... still I think I will poke and prod a bit longer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



Golf Challenge - Sierra On-Line - 1982 / Atari 400/800 picture

Golf Challenge - Sierra On-Line - 1982 / Atari 400/800

$199.95



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



Atari St Diskette Lot Spot Tested Utilities Back Up Games 98 Disks Uncle Pervo picture

Atari St Diskette Lot Spot Tested Utilities Back Up Games 98 Disks Uncle Pervo

$127.42



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



ATARI 800 XL 8-Bit Computer w/ Power Supply picture

ATARI 800 XL 8-Bit Computer w/ Power Supply

$169.00