-
FTP failures
Background. I am trying to recover some data from a corrupted NTFS notebook disk. I am unable to boot from that disk.
Setup. I have 2 computers. 1 a notebook that can run Knoppix that can therefore access the corrupted NTFS disk. The other is running Red Hat 7.2. They are networked and I can ping, Html and FTP between them. The notebook is running the FTP client and the other runns wu-ftpd as an ftp server. I should be able to move the data from one to the other.
Problem. I can perform 1 transfer of 10Mb, sometimes 2. The FTP session then stops midway through having transferred perhaps 7Mb of data. It just stops sending. Network traffic goes to zero. There appear to be no error messages.
Alternatives. I have looked at scp but the configuration section looks really complicated. Samba, NFS. I don't know where to start. What other ways could I go? How can I get FTP to transfer more data/files without it stopping?
Advice from any gurus will be welcomed
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By nishtya in forum The Lounge
Replies: 42
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 10:55 PM
-
By nashjc in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00