Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Free Radius on Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3

    Free Radius on Knoppix

    Hi,

    I would like to install FreeRadius or something else for a radius server.

    Could someone please help/guide with this?

    I couldn't even find the package for FreeRadius for knoppix.

    Please help.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by mok7j8 View Post
    Hi,

    I would like to install FreeRadius or something else for a radius server.

    Could someone please help/guide with this?

    I couldn't even find the package for FreeRadius for knoppix.

    Please help.

    Thanks
    Did you install to a disk or a flash drive, presumably? If you have a "persistent store" you can add stuff. In my case I used the DVD version of Knoppix and apparently freeradius-common was installed automatically. I just fired up the Synaptic package manager (on the main menu under Preferences) and searched for "radius" and found many packages which were not installed, as well as the one that is.

    Hope that helps!
    Krishna

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    Did you install to a disk or a flash drive, presumably? If you have a "persistent store" you can add stuff. In my case I used the DVD version of Knoppix and apparently freeradius-common was installed automatically. I just fired up the Synaptic package manager (on the main menu under Preferences) and searched for "radius" and found many packages which were not installed, as well as the one that is.

    Hope that helps!
    Krishna
    I see that, but how do I install it or that is already installed?

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    If you right-click that entry, you'll get a chance to install/uninstall - if "uninstall" is not grayed out, it's installed. You may need some other stuff, too; consult free-radius documentation for more details.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    If you right-click that entry, you'll get a chance to install/uninstall - if "uninstall" is not grayed out, it's installed. You may need some other stuff, too; consult free-radius documentation for more details.

    Cheers!
    Krishna
    I see that.

    But when I try to start radiusd it doesn't work.

    Can you help a little?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by mok7j8 View Post
    I see that.

    But when I try to start radiusd it doesn't work.

    Can you help a little?
    This is not even a free radius forum but anyway the first thing to know about radiusd is that there is a '-X' option, run it with that option will display everything you need to know about why something works and something does not work .....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple Macintosh System 7 OS Software 8 Floppy Disks Manuals Original picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh System 7 OS Software 8 Floppy Disks Manuals Original

$99.99



Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264 picture

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264

$100.00



Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo picture

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo

$299.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Vintage Apple Super Serial Interface card ll-apple ll llplus lle 670-8020-A 1981 picture

Vintage Apple Super Serial Interface card ll-apple ll llplus lle 670-8020-A 1981

$99.00



Vintage Tei Inc 1977 CPU Assembly 13260 Circuit Board  picture

Vintage Tei Inc 1977 CPU Assembly 13260 Circuit Board

$145.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage apple clock and time card 1984 timemaster 11 H.O. Never tested picture

Vintage apple clock and time card 1984 timemaster 11 H.O. Never tested

$79.00



Vintage Apple Mac OS X 10.1 Puma Upgrade CD Box M8621LL/A (2001) Factory Sealed picture

Vintage Apple Mac OS X 10.1 Puma Upgrade CD Box M8621LL/A (2001) Factory Sealed

$22.00



Vintage Sun Microsystems Type 5 Keyboard N860-8701-T010 Tested Working picture

Vintage Sun Microsystems Type 5 Keyboard N860-8701-T010 Tested Working

$55.55