Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Free Radius on Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3

    Free Radius on Knoppix

    Hi,

    I would like to install FreeRadius or something else for a radius server.

    Could someone please help/guide with this?

    I couldn't even find the package for FreeRadius for knoppix.

    Please help.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by mok7j8 View Post
    Hi,

    I would like to install FreeRadius or something else for a radius server.

    Could someone please help/guide with this?

    I couldn't even find the package for FreeRadius for knoppix.

    Please help.

    Thanks
    Did you install to a disk or a flash drive, presumably? If you have a "persistent store" you can add stuff. In my case I used the DVD version of Knoppix and apparently freeradius-common was installed automatically. I just fired up the Synaptic package manager (on the main menu under Preferences) and searched for "radius" and found many packages which were not installed, as well as the one that is.

    Hope that helps!
    Krishna

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    Did you install to a disk or a flash drive, presumably? If you have a "persistent store" you can add stuff. In my case I used the DVD version of Knoppix and apparently freeradius-common was installed automatically. I just fired up the Synaptic package manager (on the main menu under Preferences) and searched for "radius" and found many packages which were not installed, as well as the one that is.

    Hope that helps!
    Krishna
    I see that, but how do I install it or that is already installed?

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    If you right-click that entry, you'll get a chance to install/uninstall - if "uninstall" is not grayed out, it's installed. You may need some other stuff, too; consult free-radius documentation for more details.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    If you right-click that entry, you'll get a chance to install/uninstall - if "uninstall" is not grayed out, it's installed. You may need some other stuff, too; consult free-radius documentation for more details.

    Cheers!
    Krishna
    I see that.

    But when I try to start radiusd it doesn't work.

    Can you help a little?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by mok7j8 View Post
    I see that.

    But when I try to start radiusd it doesn't work.

    Can you help a little?
    This is not even a free radius forum but anyway the first thing to know about radiusd is that there is a '-X' option, run it with that option will display everything you need to know about why something works and something does not work .....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95 picture

Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95

$119.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$354.48



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99



HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95 picture

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95

$89.99