Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Free Radius on Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3

    Free Radius on Knoppix

    Hi,

    I would like to install FreeRadius or something else for a radius server.

    Could someone please help/guide with this?

    I couldn't even find the package for FreeRadius for knoppix.

    Please help.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by mok7j8 View Post
    Hi,

    I would like to install FreeRadius or something else for a radius server.

    Could someone please help/guide with this?

    I couldn't even find the package for FreeRadius for knoppix.

    Please help.

    Thanks
    Did you install to a disk or a flash drive, presumably? If you have a "persistent store" you can add stuff. In my case I used the DVD version of Knoppix and apparently freeradius-common was installed automatically. I just fired up the Synaptic package manager (on the main menu under Preferences) and searched for "radius" and found many packages which were not installed, as well as the one that is.

    Hope that helps!
    Krishna

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    Did you install to a disk or a flash drive, presumably? If you have a "persistent store" you can add stuff. In my case I used the DVD version of Knoppix and apparently freeradius-common was installed automatically. I just fired up the Synaptic package manager (on the main menu under Preferences) and searched for "radius" and found many packages which were not installed, as well as the one that is.

    Hope that helps!
    Krishna
    I see that, but how do I install it or that is already installed?

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    If you right-click that entry, you'll get a chance to install/uninstall - if "uninstall" is not grayed out, it's installed. You may need some other stuff, too; consult free-radius documentation for more details.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    If you right-click that entry, you'll get a chance to install/uninstall - if "uninstall" is not grayed out, it's installed. You may need some other stuff, too; consult free-radius documentation for more details.

    Cheers!
    Krishna
    I see that.

    But when I try to start radiusd it doesn't work.

    Can you help a little?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by mok7j8 View Post
    I see that.

    But when I try to start radiusd it doesn't work.

    Can you help a little?
    This is not even a free radius forum but anyway the first thing to know about radiusd is that there is a '-X' option, run it with that option will display everything you need to know about why something works and something does not work .....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 800 48K 8-bit Computer System With Power Supply & Extras Tested & Working picture

Atari 800 48K 8-bit Computer System With Power Supply & Extras Tested & Working

$354.98



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard picture

Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard

$45.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



READ UNTESTED But Works Vintage Atari 410 Program Recorder  picture

READ UNTESTED But Works Vintage Atari 410 Program Recorder

$34.50