-
Free Radius on Knoppix
Hi,
I would like to install FreeRadius or something else for a radius server.
Could someone please help/guide with this?
I couldn't even find the package for FreeRadius for knoppix.
Please help.
Thanks
-

Originally Posted by
mok7j8
Hi,
I would like to install FreeRadius or something else for a radius server.
Could someone please help/guide with this?
I couldn't even find the package for FreeRadius for knoppix.
Please help.
Thanks
Did you install to a disk or a flash drive, presumably? If you have a "persistent store" you can add stuff. In my case I used the DVD version of Knoppix and apparently freeradius-common was installed automatically. I just fired up the Synaptic package manager (on the main menu under Preferences) and searched for "radius" and found many packages which were not installed, as well as the one that is.
Hope that helps!
Krishna
-

Originally Posted by
krishna.murphy
Did you install to a disk or a flash drive, presumably? If you have a "persistent store" you can add stuff. In my case I used the DVD version of Knoppix and apparently
freeradius-common was installed automatically. I just fired up the Synaptic package manager (on the main menu under Preferences) and searched for "radius" and found many packages which were not installed, as well as the one that is.
Hope that helps!
Krishna

I see that, but how do I install it or that is already installed?
-
If you right-click that entry, you'll get a chance to install/uninstall - if "uninstall" is not grayed out, it's installed. You may need some other stuff, too; consult free-radius documentation for more details.
Cheers!
Krishna
-

Originally Posted by
krishna.murphy
If you right-click that entry, you'll get a chance to install/uninstall - if "uninstall" is not grayed out, it's installed. You may need some other stuff, too; consult free-radius documentation for more details.
Cheers!
Krishna

I see that.
But when I try to start radiusd it doesn't work.
Can you help a little?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
mok7j8
I see that.
But when I try to start radiusd it doesn't work.
Can you help a little?
This is not even a free radius forum but anyway the first thing to know about radiusd is that there is a '-X' option, run it with that option will display everything you need to know about why something works and something does not work .....
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59