-
Senior Member
registered user
As can be read here:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix62-en.html
The CD version of Knoppix 6.2.1 has been drastically cut down and uses LXDE to speed up booting.
The DVD version includes KDE4 and Gnome.
It may well include others as well but I haven't checked - I'm happy with LXDE.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks. I hadnt been able to find any documentation that would tell me. How do I go about switching them if I would like to? I tried the desktop= cheatcodes at the boot prompt and it didnt seem to recognize them.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't have 6.2.1 but I have checked with 6.2 and 6.3 and the answer is as follows:
If you are using the live DVD when it boots up and the boot line appears at the bottom of the screen type the following (for e.g. gnome) and hit Enter (return)
knoppix desktop=gnome
Note: You have to include the word knoppix and there is no space between desktop and '=' and '=' and gnome
Having checked I can see that there are many more desktops than gnome and kde4 available. You can see all the options by reading the following file from the Knoppix DVD:
knoppix-cheatcodes.txt in the KNOPPIX directory
The boot proceeds as normal but the associated desktop appears.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I was omitting knoppix when inputting the cheatcode. Thanks I will check this out when I get a chance. Thanks again.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00