Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: desktop environments in Knoppix 6.2.1

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20
    Thanks. I hadnt been able to find any documentation that would tell me. How do I go about switching them if I would like to? I tried the desktop= cheatcodes at the boot prompt and it didnt seem to recognize them.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    143
    I don't have 6.2.1 but I have checked with 6.2 and 6.3 and the answer is as follows:

    If you are using the live DVD when it boots up and the boot line appears at the bottom of the screen type the following (for e.g. gnome) and hit Enter (return)

    knoppix desktop=gnome

    Note: You have to include the word knoppix and there is no space between desktop and '=' and '=' and gnome

    Having checked I can see that there are many more desktops than gnome and kde4 available. You can see all the options by reading the following file from the Knoppix DVD:

    knoppix-cheatcodes.txt in the KNOPPIX directory

    The boot proceeds as normal but the associated desktop appears.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20
    I was omitting knoppix when inputting the cheatcode. Thanks I will check this out when I get a chance. Thanks again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8

WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc

$78.00



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Car Vacuum Cordless Rechargeable, 160000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Car Vacuum Cordless Rechargeable, 160000RPM

$71.80



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 18000Pa 2 in 1 Vacuum Cleaner&Air Duster, Blue picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 18000Pa 2 in 1 Vacuum Cleaner&Air Duster, Blue

$53.21



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99