-
Junior Member
registered user
desktop environments in Knoppix 6.2.1
I was wondering can anyone tell me if LXDE is the only desktop environment available by default for Knoppix 6.2.1?
I tried several cheat codes to change the environment but none of them seem to be recognized. ie: desktop=fluxbox, icewm, larswm, twm and gnoppix (seperately of course)
I am just interested in trying out different Graphical User Interfaces. I saw in one post that someone suggested using apt-get to get environments such as KDE or Gnome. Is there any problem with doing this? Is it possible to use Synaptic to get these environments?
I really like LXDE, but would like to see what some of my other options are. I am not real new to linux but am not exactly a guru either. Can anyone suggest some environments to try. I have seen KDE and Gnome in previous versions of Knoppix, but dont know how much they might have changed in the last couple of years.
As always thank you for your time and any advice you might give.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21