Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: A little help? Java and Flash in Iceweasel.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3

    Question A little help? Java and Flash in Iceweasel.

    I've been trying for a couple of days now to get Java and Flash installed/updated. I'm running a HDD install of Knoppix 6.2.1.

    I can't find anything in synaptic relating to Java, Flash, Firefox, or Opera; apt-get returns with E: Couldn't find package adobe, firefox, etc., etc.

    What I have done so far is apt-get update. Before that I apt-get upgrade and it upgraded a bunch of stuff and afterward in the terminal I couldn't su anymore because it wanted a password I didn't give it dada dada da...

    Long story short. I need an idiots guide to downloading and installing Java and Flash into Iceweasel.

    I've got an old PC, which runs Knoppix 6.2.1 just fine, however I can't surf the net without being greeted by Java not installed or activated & Flash not installed.

    Thanks
    Adam

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by arsmith View Post
    I've been trying for a couple of days now to get Java and Flash installed/updated. I'm running a HDD install of Knoppix 6.2.1.

    I can't find anything in synaptic relating to Java, Flash, Firefox, or Opera; apt-get returns with E: Couldn't find package adobe, firefox, etc., etc.

    What I have done so far is apt-get update. Before that I apt-get upgrade and it upgraded a bunch of stuff and afterward in the terminal I couldn't su anymore because it wanted a password I didn't give it dada dada da...

    Long story short. I need an idiots guide to downloading and installing Java and Flash into Iceweasel.

    I've got an old PC, which runs Knoppix 6.2.1 just fine, however I can't surf the net without being greeted by Java not installed or activated & Flash not installed.

    Thanks
    Adam
    Hi Adam, for me java worked out of the box. To get flash working I downloaded the compressed flash player from Adobe's site, extracted it (one file) and copied the file, libflashplayer.so to /usr//lib/mozilla/plugins. That's it. Do like this; open the terminal (lower left corner), CD (change directory) to where you saved the extracted file, then type in "cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so. Restart Iceweasel and off you go.

  3. #3
    1)apt-get update 2) apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree. After that if you are using "no scripts" click the flas player icon in your browser window to temporarily allow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.27



Oem Samsung BAR Plus 256 GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - Champagne/Silver NEW SEALED picture

Oem Samsung BAR Plus 256 GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - Champagne/Silver NEW SEALED

$56.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW picture

TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW

$22.00