Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: How to install flash player?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy How to install flash player?

    Hi. I would like to install adobe flash player on my knoppix. I hear somewhere i have to find mozilla plugin folder and move there file i get from adobe dot com. I cant find it. I never use that system before

  2. #2
    1)apt-get update 2)apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree. Do not forget if you are using noscripts you might have to click on flash icon to allow.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    I've used the commands in the past, but can't seem to view a Youtube video with knoppix 7.0.5 and FireFox 20 and Iceweasel 10.

    Doing the apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree gives unmet dependencies.

    I've downloaded and extracted from the .tar to the .so from the adobe site. Not sure what to do.

    Dave

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Greetings, Dave.

    Debian has just changed the apt-get arrangements.
    This may upset using it from Knoppix right now.
    See Werner's recent news to this effect.

    I suggest you hold off a few more days for Knoppix 7.1,
    where Klaus K will probably have sorted this all out for us.

    Regards.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    Thanks - no problem waiting for 7.1

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    Greeting to you, utu
    Where can I find the Werner's remarks you refer to, concrning apt-get and Debian?
    Regards

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    See: http://www.knoppixforum.de/knoppix-f...st-stable.html
    and use Google translate (if you need it).

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    Somehow I'm back to the flash player issue. I was having problems running youtube videos on knoppix version 7.0.5 and decided to wait for the next release. Now I am rRunning knoppix 7.2, Firefox 22, iceweasel 21

    Youtube.com says adobe flash player is required. Can't seems to find Flash addon in the FF options. Downloaded install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz, extracted libflashpalyer.so and copied it around a few places including:

    /home/knoppix/adobe/Flash_Player
    /home/knoppix/.adobe/Flash_Player/usr/lib
    /home/knoppix/apps/firefox/components (FF directory created by me for FF download)
    /home/knoppix/apps/firefox/browser/components

    I'm not sure if I'm going about the Flash installation issue incorrectly, placed the .so file in the wrong location or there is an issue that I upgraded from 7.0.5 to 7.2

    When I run my knoppix 6.7 USB with FF, youtube videos work just fine.

    Are others able to play youtube videos with knoppix 7.2 using IceWeasel or Firefox?

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    16
    Noob question, but have you tried K's script under Menu "Knoppix" --> "install components", i.e., /usr/sbin/knoppix-install-extras ?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    In my upgraded 7.0.5 knoppix usb to 7.2, I don't seem to have a knoppix menu choice. I think I will create a fresh 7.2 knoppix install before continuing testing for knoppix, firefox and youtube videos. - I'll report back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU

$99.99



Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install picture

Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install

$174.99



Alta Labs Route10 10Gbps Router Firewall 2x SFP+ 4x 2.5GbE 2x PoE+ picture

Alta Labs Route10 10Gbps Router Firewall 2x SFP+ 4x 2.5GbE 2x PoE+

$174.99



Unfi Security Gateway Pro picture

Unfi Security Gateway Pro

$170.00