-
Somehow I'm back to the flash player issue. I was having problems running youtube videos on knoppix version 7.0.5 and decided to wait for the next release. Now I am rRunning knoppix 7.2, Firefox 22, iceweasel 21
Youtube.com says adobe flash player is required. Can't seems to find Flash addon in the FF options. Downloaded install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz, extracted libflashpalyer.so and copied it around a few places including:
/home/knoppix/adobe/Flash_Player
/home/knoppix/.adobe/Flash_Player/usr/lib
/home/knoppix/apps/firefox/components (FF directory created by me for FF download)
/home/knoppix/apps/firefox/browser/components
I'm not sure if I'm going about the Flash installation issue incorrectly, placed the .so file in the wrong location or there is an issue that I upgraded from 7.0.5 to 7.2
When I run my knoppix 6.7 USB with FF, youtube videos work just fine.
Are others able to play youtube videos with knoppix 7.2 using IceWeasel or Firefox?
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Ultra 7 265K, CORSAIR 32GB DDR5 7200MHz CL34, WD_BLACK SN850 1TB NVMe SSD
$749.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$372.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00
$150.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$482.02

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$19.49

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$302.99