Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Video accelerator

  1. #1

    Video accelerator

    Using knoppix 6.2.1 Hd install ,from the beginning I have had an acceleration problem when using full screen flash or MPlayer. It goes full screen, however the acceleration is choppy. Has anyone else experienced this?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDiddley View Post
    Using knoppix 6.2.1 Hd install ,from the beginning I have had an acceleration problem when using full screen flash or MPlayer. It goes full screen, however the acceleration is choppy. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Actually, I should have said full screen Internet feed, with any source other than Flash, and MPlayer, they work fine. It is the Internet feeds (IE. You Tube, Megavideo) that lose the acceleration.

  3. #3
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    That sounds like the processor is overburdened. I have that trouble occasionally with Flash video, especially with HD and fullscreen enabled. Try turning the video resolution down and see if that helps.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    423
    I would like to believe that after the release of knoppix 6.2.1 ( and knoppix 6.3 ), there have been quite a number of improvements and upgrades to the graphic sub-system. If you know that type of hardware you have for the graphic display, then perhaps you can consider upgrading the graphic libraries to take advantage of the newer ( and improved graphic ) libraries.

    I am not sure about others, but the intel graphics for example, seems to be pretty active in updates.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    That sounds like the processor is overburdened. I have that trouble occasionally with Flash video, especially with HD and fullscreen enabled. Try turning the video resolution down and see if that helps.

    Cheers!
    Krishna
    Thanks Krishna, but not the case. I could have added that I am running 1.6GHZ AMD , however. Lenny just did a stable Java update that did improve other Internet feeds but did not address this problem.

  6. #6
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Another possible work-around is to use a different browser on the site. I use Chrome, mostly, but IceWeasel is needed for Hulu flash videos (for example.) Some videos work fine, others crash the plugin. Try Epiphany on the Internet menu.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s

$59.00



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$339.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99