-
where is the save configuration menu item?
I am an ubuntu user and just tried knoppix from DVD the first time. I downloaded KNOPPIX_V6.2.1DVD-2010-01-31-EN.iso, burned it to a DVD and it booted beautifully. I changed some settings and now want to save them. Here are the instructions:
Save Knoppix Configuration
This can be launched from the Knoppix Menu -> Configure -> Save
Knoppix configuration. It saves many configuration settings and also
your /home directory into a file. It also creates a script knoppix.sh
which will run at the next reboot to load the saved settings.
To load the saved configuration at the next reboot, enter the cheat
code knoppix myconfig=<path to where config was saved>.
However, I looked carefully and could not find a "save knoppix configuration" item. I tried saveconfig on the command line, but the command was not recognized. What is it I am not getting? Everything else appears to work fine. I even have immediate write access to my harddrive.
-
It looks like this topic was addressed here: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...+configuration. However, I am trying to use knoppix on a windows computer at work, and somehow the IT people managed it that I can't boot off of the flash drive (knoppix boot starts but gets stuck very quickly). In any case, is there a way to do it "the old way" where you use the DVD/CD and save both configuration file and home directory to a file on a flash drive?
-
It is misleading. Apparently the language was carried over from previous versions. However, I have heard it said that the method for doing this can be accomplished using the install to flash disk, and booting from the flash disk - with 5 GB space allocated for home. I currently use 6.2.1 HD install, which should only be used for remastering - so it is said. Be advised, until someone fixes it if you do HD install, and do not comment out all but "stable", "lenny", and "volitile" in /etc/spt/sources.list - OpenOffice will break, no word program. I like it as is.
-

Originally Posted by
BoDiddley
It is misleading. Apparently the language was carried over from previous versions. However, I have heard it said that the method for doing this can be accomplished using the install to flash disk, and booting from the flash disk - with 5 GB space allocated for home. I currently use 6.2.1 HD install, which should only be used for remastering - so it is said. Be advised, until someone fixes it if you do HD install, and do not comment out all but "stable", "lenny", and "volitile" in /etc/spt/sources.list - OpenOffice will break, no word program. I like it as is.
Sorry... should have read /etc/apt/sources.list
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$117.45