Do I use sudo apt-get install?
Do I use sudo apt-get install?
That's one way to do it! Linux is justly famous for having MANY ways to do everything, more or less. There are command line apt-tools like apt-get and aptitude, as well as GUI tools like the synaptic package manager on the Knoppix Preferences menu. Keep in mind that ***apt*** is not the only way, either; there's gdebi to install a manually downloaded .deb archive, as well as the underlying facility of dpkg. I even set the GUI to auto run gdebi whenever I double-click-to-run a .deb archive from e.g. the Desktop.
These are not the only tools out there, either. There are far more than I know - I just learn about them as I go, and muse on how I (we) came to be so fortunate in having the Linux/open-source community writing LOTS of code, forums like this one, wikis, FAQs, etc. for my (our) use. I highly recommend that you READ the documentation, both by searching online and from the terminal command-line by typing e.g. man dpkg, man aptitude, etc.
Cheers!
Krishna![]()

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00