-
I know that to take root permissions I can tape "sudo su" and get priviledges, but I have never run the linux raid application from consolle. How can I do this.
In particular I have two disks that belong to a raid array 1 (mirror) that lost his partition and I have to recover data (file and folders) from it. They are in ext2 fs. They are fisically detected by knoppix disk utility but of course not logically.
Now, Inside the disk utility I have also the software raid in which disks are detected and I can read:
----------------------------------------------------------
Array name:0
Home host:-
Array size: 1,4 GB/1,3 GiB/.......... bytes
Array Type: Mirrored (Raid 1)
Components: 2 components (1500 GB each)
State: Not running
---------------------------------------------------
Ok this is the situation. I would like to run this raid array to take files and folders.
So the question is:
If I need authorizzation and cannot run application using windows but only using consolle, I get root priviledges with sudo command, and then? Which command I should use to run RAID software? And what are the parameters of this/these commands?
Any hints are welcome, Thank you in advance
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99