Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: The permissions for creation of a raid by the raid software linux in knoppix live CD

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    open a root console and type
    Code:
    sudo su
    hit enter, you are now super administrator, in Linux known as root user.

    now you type in the command from this console
    Please be carefull, if you know how you have power to even destroy hardware by removing and/or altering firmware (prom on drives and BIOS to name two) not to mention files... so take care.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    I know that to take root permissions I can tape "sudo su" and get priviledges, but I have never run the linux raid application from consolle. How can I do this.
    In particular I have two disks that belong to a raid array 1 (mirror) that lost his partition and I have to recover data (file and folders) from it. They are in ext2 fs. They are fisically detected by knoppix disk utility but of course not logically.
    Now, Inside the disk utility I have also the software raid in which disks are detected and I can read:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Array name:0
    Home host:-
    Array size: 1,4 GB/1,3 GiB/.......... bytes
    Array Type: Mirrored (Raid 1)
    Components: 2 components (1500 GB each)
    State: Not running
    ---------------------------------------------------

    Ok this is the situation. I would like to run this raid array to take files and folders.

    So the question is:
    If I need authorizzation and cannot run application using windows but only using consolle, I get root priviledges with sudo command, and then? Which command I should use to run RAID software? And what are the parameters of this/these commands?

    Any hints are welcome, Thank you in advance

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    I have noticed another element that can be important:
    Running G-Parted and selecting one of the two disks, I can read "unollocated" and a warning simbol besides.
    So I click on Information and this window appear:
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ....
    ....
    Warning:
    Partition 1 isn't alligned to cylinder
    boundaries. This is still unsupported.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can this be helpfull to solve my troubles

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$320.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



32GB (2x16GB) SK Hynix Samsung Micron 2Rx8 PC4-2400T DDR4 Laptop Memory RAM picture

32GB (2x16GB) SK Hynix Samsung Micron 2Rx8 PC4-2400T DDR4 Laptop Memory RAM

$140.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB(1x32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V-R DDR4 ECC Memory RDIMM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$200.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2400T-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM picture

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2400T-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM

$340.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99