If you use the framebuffer driver for the graphics card then you will only get 16 bpp color depth. But if you use the VESA graphics card driver or the NVIDIA driver then you should try the cheatcode depth=24
HOw do I change the color bit on knoppix to run 24 bit color apps on an hp laptop with nvidia video cards. Mainly, Teamviewer 5 will not run... x11 not set to 24bit color error.
If you use the framebuffer driver for the graphics card then you will only get 16 bpp color depth. But if you use the VESA graphics card driver or the NVIDIA driver then you should try the cheatcode depth=24
thank you.. when, where and how do I enter the cheat code?
I found the boot: at the bottom of the first splash screen to enter the cheat code. knoppix xmodule=vesa allowed me to use the teamviewer program which requires a 24bpp screen setting. However... the 3d graphics do not work... but the teamviewer issue is solved (with the workaround). How do I set my flash drive to use this vesa driver as the default. Please advise. Thanks Klaus.
I am using knoppix 6.2 and I am using a HP laptop with amd 64 and nvidia geforce go 7150M. I should have mentioned that to start. I apologize. can't get the x11.conf file to start using the nvidia drivers or the vesa driver as default.
This will be bootloader dependent. If you use a flash install, you are probably using syslinux as bootloader, then you just add 'xmodule=nv' into the appropriate line in /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg will do. If you are using some other bootloader, grub for example, then you will have to edit 'menu.lst'.

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$195.00
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00