-
"Permission denied" error trying to copy C:\users\ files in KNOPPIX
My windows 7 laptop won't start up anywhere past the windows logo so I'm trying to backup my files in C:\Users\Rainz3d\* to an external hard-drive using a KNOPPPIX disc. I boot up KNOPPIX fine, and can get into C:\Users, but I can't open the Rainz3d directory. It keeps saying "permission denied". I tried right-clicking the folder and changing the permissions in properties, but it says "operation denied" and reverts. Is there a way around this? I'm using the most up-to-date KNOPPIX disc, but I've never used KNOPPIX before in my life. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Sandisk 1TB Portable SSD, read speeds up to 1000MB/s. {100% New}
$100.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00