Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: how do I get cron to run, knoppix 6.2?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203

    how do I get cron to run, knoppix 6.2?

    cron doesn't start automatically when I boot the system. I did a search on this forum for cron but didn't find anything. How do I start cron at startup?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    I got it to work by adding

    sudo /etc/init.d/cron start

    to the /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc file before starting X. But this is a kluge. If anyone has a better method I'd like to know what it is.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    I think that you can add cron to the SERVICES string in /etc/rc.local

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    203
    Thank you, klaus2008. That worked great. I like your method much better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.72