Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem with saving my configuration

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    24

    Problem with saving my configuration

    After trying many things to get my print server on my SMC barricade to work I think I have it figured out. I need to add a LPD printer under CUPS with my IP address and lp as the qeue name.

    I tried searching the forums but have not found a solution to what is below. I am using 3.2.

    BUT now I have a new problem. I can not get my preferences saved. I tried saving them via the Knoppix tab but when I reboot and try "Knoppix myconfig=scan" (no quotes) they do not load. They seemed to work a few days ago....now it seems it can't find the file. Should I set up a persistent home? Would the "knoppix home=scan" command be used then?

    Also if I want to specify the drive it should look to for these files and it always shows hda1 and hda5 can I write "Knoppix myconfig=dev/hda1" or is it "Knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda1" as the pop up window states when I save my config?

    And last, why don't I have hda1 and hda2??? it just skips to hda5....

    Thanks again

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Problem with saving my configuration

    Quote Originally Posted by Eradicator

    And last, why don't I have hda1 and hda2??? it just skips to hda5....

    Thanks again
    That's the way partitioning works hda1 is the first primary partition. hda5 would be the first logical drive in the extended partition (most likely hda4). If you would like to check the partitioning yourself in a console sudo fdisk -l /dev/hda.

    The command would be as you state home=scan, home=/dev/hda1(5) or home=/mnt/hda1(5) depending on your choice of partition.

Similar Threads

  1. Saving configuration?
    By politelyerased in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 11:56 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 02:16 AM
  3. Saving the configuration
    By djenner in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2004, 11:34 PM
  4. help saving my configuration
    By plus1hdcp in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 02:05 PM
  5. Saving root configuration
    By benmayim in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 01:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$12.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11 picture

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11

$149.00