Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: where are the downloaded archive files on a liveCD session?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5

    where are the downloaded archive files on a liveCD session?

    Hello, With version 6.2 I know they are in /var/cache/apt/archives. This holds true for even a live session. Now that I am running knoppix 6.4.3 liveCD and they are nowhere to be seen. I don't want to update and install from my chroot environment. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    ... I don't understand your question. Also with "not-remastered" 6.2.1CD there are no downloaded archives stored in this directory. The only difference are
    /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin
    /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin
    no more in 6.4.3CD.

    Greetings Werner ° http://www.wp-schulz.de/rettung.html
    "Persoenliche Knoppix-Rettungs-CD erstellen (Knoppix remaster)"
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 12-30-2010 at 04:43 PM.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks, Werner. But I think I made my question quite clear. However, I solved the problem myself. And for those who may run into it, here's where the downloaded archive files are stored: 1. Fire up Pacman file manager 2. Clear the address bar. Type the forward slash (/). Hit 'Enter'. Now is the time to go to /var/cache/apt/archives. P.S. On Ubuntu, Fedora, and OPenSuse you have the 'filesystem' tab in your file manager. On a Knoppix's live session, you get to the 'filesystem' with a slash.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by tenmoi View Post
    Thanks, Werner. But I think I made my question quite clear.
    ... no, you didn't told us having problems to use PCManFM.

    By the way - why do you not use MidnichtCommander as root?

    Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
    "Build personal Recovery-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix remaster)"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$349.95