Having made a few knoppix disks following all advice, I have one that loads to desktop but beside the task bar etc I only have two icons on desktop; My documents and Knoppix. The mouse works for a few minutes but as soon as I try to open any app it freezes and I have to reboot. Sometimes it boots fine othertimes it hangs / freezes while the green progress bar is about a third of the way across. What am I supposaed to see on the desktop? Is there an equivalent to My Computer?
I'm a long time Windows user but this is my first foray into Linux.![]()

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
Lenovo IdeaCentre Q190 (Type 10115) Mini PC Brand New Console Only 4GBram 500gb
$300.00
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor YD270XBGAFBOX
$95.00
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$400.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$199.99