-
Senior Member
registered user
Want 'minimize', get 'close'; what now?
Some magic I don't need.
Knoppix 6.2.1 on USB; otherwise well-behaved.
Somehow, my 'minimize' operations have all become 'close' operations.
I click on 'minimize' and would expect a program window to shrink
to an icon on the taskbar. Instead, the program closes. Gone for good.
Happens for all programs with all window manager types.
Probably a configuration setting, but which one, and where do I look?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Solved.
I found this on LinuxQuestions.Org, quoting anishakau's response to an identical question there:
Quote, except for my edit '-> (Click) + Add',
Welcome to LQ !
Right click the Panel -> (Look in the resulting menu) Panel Settings -> (Look for the TAB) Panel Applets
-> (Click) + Add -> (Select) Taskbar (Window List)
Unquote.
Somewhere along the line, I'd lost the Taskbar (Window List) applet.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5" SSD Laptop XBOX PS3 PC
$119.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99