-
Senior Member
registered user
Want 'minimize', get 'close'; what now?
Some magic I don't need.
Knoppix 6.2.1 on USB; otherwise well-behaved.
Somehow, my 'minimize' operations have all become 'close' operations.
I click on 'minimize' and would expect a program window to shrink
to an icon on the taskbar. Instead, the program closes. Gone for good.
Happens for all programs with all window manager types.
Probably a configuration setting, but which one, and where do I look?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Solved.
I found this on LinuxQuestions.Org, quoting anishakau's response to an identical question there:
Quote, except for my edit '-> (Click) + Add',
Welcome to LQ !
Right click the Panel -> (Look in the resulting menu) Panel Settings -> (Look for the TAB) Panel Applets
-> (Click) + Add -> (Select) Taskbar (Window List)
Unquote.
Somewhere along the line, I'd lost the Taskbar (Window List) applet.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00