Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: How do I disable the voices?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    An Ant Farm
    Posts
    36

    Question How do I disable the voices?

    Hi!

    I was using KNOPPIX v6.2.1 live CD, but it had the annoying talkings/voices/speeches. How do I disable it since they make things slower on slow PCs?

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    You got the "Adrianne" version, I think. It's for visually impaired folks. Try typing this in at the command prompt at the start (big penguin still on screen):
    Code:
    knoppix
    Cheers!
    Krishna

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    An Ant Farm
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    You got the "Adrianne" version, I think. It's for visually impaired folks. Try typing this in at the command prompt at the start (big penguin still on screen):
    Code:
    knoppix
    Cheers!
    Krishna
    Oops, I didn't know there were two versions of v6.2.1 live CD.

    I tried your suggestion and it seems to work, but I don't get that text menu anymore. It takes me to X. Is that normal? How does the non-Adrianne version boot up?

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    There are more, actually. DVD vs. CD and Adrianne vs. GUI gets us to 4, as a base , per version number. Then there are others, not so prominently available ("bigmem" memory model, etc.)

    Cheers!
    Krishna

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    An Ant Farm
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    There are more, actually. DVD vs. CD and Adrianne vs. GUI gets us to 4, as a base , per version number. Then there are others, not so prominently available ("bigmem" memory model, etc.)

    Cheers!
    Krishna
    Hmm, I only saw two CD lSOs for v6.2.1 on the download web pages. Where was the DVD ISO and others?

  6. #6
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    528
    Best way to get it is BitTorrent; check the Knoppix BitTorrent Tracker. Version, date, language, etc. - lots of variations to review and choose among.

    Cheers!
    Krishna

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    An Ant Farm
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by krishna.murphy View Post
    Best way to get it is BitTorrent; check the Knoppix BitTorrent Tracker. Version, date, language, etc. - lots of variations to review and choose among.

    Cheers!
    Krishna
    Ah thanks. I was looking at KNOPPIX's official web site. I don't want to redownload again since I have a slow Internet connection.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.62