No, you do not use Knoppix to format a hard drive for Windows.
You install Windows exactly like you would if you didn't have Knoppix, insert the Windows disc, boot it, and go through the install dialog.
I really do not know how to use Knoppix.
I have downloaded Knoppix 6.2 and installed in on a flash drive. I want to format my new HDD and reinstall Win XP from the CD.
I assume I cannot format the HDD using Knoppix but how do I find the CD so I can run windows and format and install.
No, you do not use Knoppix to format a hard drive for Windows.
You install Windows exactly like you would if you didn't have Knoppix, insert the Windows disc, boot it, and go through the install dialog.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75