-
Boot "always clean" from a persistent image
Hi all,
I've just installed Knoppix on USB with persistent image.
Now It always saves changes on persistent image at shutdown.
I want to save persistent image only if needed, and boot from it in read only mode, keeping my configuration always clean, can you help me?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I enjoy using Knoppix 6.2.1 on a 2Gb USB SD Card.
This is my way of 'dual-booting' my Dell 1545 Window 7 machine.
I keep copies of knoppix-data.img as a 'back-ups' on another
USB card to use if required to restore my working 6.2.1 setup.
I make additional copies from time to time, since I'm always
tinkering with Knoppix. These copies allow me to revert back to
earlier configurations, if necessary, while retaining whatever
changes that continue to serve my purposes.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.62