Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Live Knoppix 6.4.3, 3G UMTS USB modem missing during NetworkManager process?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14
    Hei again. I am also a 'Crunchbanger' and very pleased of how there internet is connected with ease and not just luck. I believe there's a combination of necessary programs that does the trick. Now finally, I have an internet set up by network manager program. I installed a list of programs mentiones by Klaus2008: Code: sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get -t testing --reinstall install network-manager network-manager-gnome network-manager-openvpn network-manager-openvpn-gnome network-manager-vpnc network-manager-vpnc-gnome resolvconf avahi-autoipd modemmanager mobile-broadband-provider-info gnome-bluetooth nautilus-sendto gnome-user-share libmagickcore3-extra libparted0-dev libparted0-i18n tclreadline cryptsetup comgt. Thread is at http://www.knoppix.net/forum/threads...-manager-0.8.1. There were no problems with the installing process. Then I unplugged the modem and plugged it back. Internet was then connected via network manager in the same way as in Ubuntu or Cb. I was lucky. Matti Ollikainen
    Last edited by matollik; 01-06-2011 at 08:58 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks again, Matti. Will test that method on my laptop. BTW did you encounter any error messages like Klaus? Maybe the current debian repository packages are OK?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14
    No, there were not any error messages. I have uncommented experimental and unstable repositories for security's sake plus x2go unknown to me. This morning I repeated all as described and with success. My laptop is Compac nc6000 1500Hz 1.2 GB. Matti Ollikainen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop picture

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop

$250.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00