Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: CD from hd install

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30

    CD from hd install

    Can I create a knoppix cd from an install hd setup. I installed Knoppix 3.2 on my hd, can I now somehow turn that into an iso and reburn it to run from the cd?

    If not how would I go about making a cd that I could then install using knx-hddinstall script and have it work as my current setup does?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    depends what you modified .. if you changed only your ~ then copying it to /etc/skel should do the trick.

    If you added/removed packages there shouldn't be a problem. Just add/remove packages in your remaster.

    If you fundementaly changed your system - then you already know what you're doing

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    30
    Well I installed postfix and openwebmail. I also tweeked a bunch of network stuff I thought would be cool. I am ready to dump the games and all that jazz but once I have a hd can I just makeisofs and use an existing knoppix cd for the boot image? The kernel right now is the stock knoppix kernel so that should be ok right? I'll try it and let you know how it went.

    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung PM43H 43

Samsung PM43H 43" Commercial Display READ

$300.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor

$41.00



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+ 5G  Tablet 11” 128GB Memory /6gb Ram gray picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+ 5G Tablet 11” 128GB Memory /6gb Ram gray

$190.00