-
Run SET command in LXTerminal does NOT show environment variable settings
Running Knoppix 6.4.3 LiveCd
- Open LXTerminal
- become Superuser - "su"
- type "set"
I am getting a playout of a script. Shouldn't I be seeing environment variables? help.
Thanks
Last edited by GCMartin; 01-02-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Reason: clarify which Knoppix
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi, GCMartin!
You do not see the environment variables because your LXTerminal does not have enough lines to scroll back. If you issue
Code:
su
set > set.log
wc -l set.log
you will get the number of lines in the log file. I get 8454 lines. You can read the file set.log with an editor.
It is also possible to increase the number of saved lines in the LXTerminal's menu. I made the experience that I had to close my LXTerminal and open a new one after I had changed the number of lines to 10,000. Afterwards I could issue and scroll backwards to the first line.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

The Welch Briefcase | Vintage Leather Messenger Bag
$204.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 105CS Intel Pentium 16mB Ram Win 95 No Power Cords
$299.99

Vintage 486 PC Motherboard IBM CPU ISA Cards RAM Novell NetWare 3.12 Computer
$249.99

Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights
$199.00

The Bjorn Leather Laptop Bag | Vintage Leather Briefcase
$234.00

The Hemming Leather Laptop Bag | Vintage Leather Briefcase
$254.00

ASCOM Hasler 724 Mailing Systems Desktop Computer Terminal Vintage MPN 724(Rare)
$1500.00

vintage NOS Datacomp DSK119G, ALPS SKCM white, double shot, 90s, 5-pin DIN, rare
$405.00

VINTAGE Dell Dimension XPS D233-Pentium II-128MB Ram 13.5GB HDD Matrix GFx W98SE
$229.99

Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00