-
This request is strictly about Full SAMBA where I activate, define my smb.conf, share my printer(s), and share any other local definitions I have requirements for to the LAN (same as I do with my Win95/Win98/NT/XP/Vista/7/Ubuntu/Fedora/Madriva/Suse).
As i remember it, past Knoppix distro use to have SAMBA server baked-in. But, I am unsure whether today's Knoppix still possess the SAMBA allowing sharing. Further, I was unsure of how to determine it is in the system or whether to use Knoppix's package manager to bring it into the fold.
Any help is appreciated, here is explaining. And please, no criticisms (emotional), I am just interested in being on the right tract to get the functionality that Knoppix might make available to us.
Thanks in advance.
-
You want the samba server then.
I suggest you use the synaptic package manager to see what's what (I don't use synaptic but there are plenty of folk on this forum that do).
Search in synaptic for packages with names containing samba. You should find at least:
ii samba 2:3.5.6~dfsg-3 SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for Unix
ii samba-common 2:3.5.6~dfsg-3 common files used by both the Samba server and client
ii samba-common-bin 2:3.5.6~dfsg-3 common files used by both the Samba server and client
I think the find the second two are already installed so the samba client will work out of the box. You'll need to install the first, the samba server. Once upon a time it might have been included by default but not any more.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99