Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: It's about time

Threaded View

  1. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    127
    Hi - I'm new to Knoppix and I've been experimenting with ubuntu for a couple of months, so please excuse if I'm missing the obvious.

    I booted up the install CD and thought I'd change the time display to be a little clearer for me. So far, this thread is the best I've found for directions for the digital clock. Are the settings based on PHP, PERL or something? Where are the settings documented?

    With information in this thread, I've changed to pm without a leading zero in the time, but haven't figured out how to show a 4 digit year in the tool tip. (Any ideas?)

    I've found a help manual, but nothing found when searching for clock
    http://www.google.com/search?client=...+by+Phil+Jones

    Anyway, just starting, but hope this isn't an indication I might be trying the wrong distro.

    On the positive side, my right side scroll works on my touchpad (hoorah).
    Last edited by Clinton; 11-22-2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: changed link that started automatic download

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



32GB KIT - 2x SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM picture

32GB KIT - 2x SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM

$99.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Lot Of 8 - Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2400T DDR4 Server RAM Memory ECC picture

Lot Of 8 - Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2400T DDR4 Server RAM Memory ECC

$615.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



LAPTOP RAM MEMORY GIGASTONE 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz PC5-44800 Unbuffered picture

LAPTOP RAM MEMORY GIGASTONE 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz PC5-44800 Unbuffered

$350.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$43.00