Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Missing Files

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1

    Missing Files

    My apologies if this is in the wrong section, but I wasn't sure where to post.

    Anyway, my problem is quite simple:

    My windows system is corrupt and I am using your software to access the files from the bootable CD and I am trying to transfer them to my external hard-drive.

    This in itself is very easy with your software, however, I have a huge amount of files missing, including the most important folder I need to find! Could someone explain to me why these files might be missing and how I can find them and get them back? Your programme says that I have 48GB of space on my C-drive partition. Prior to the windows system crashing, I had very little space left on the drive (<2Gb)

    Help would be much appreciated, thank you.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    First of all, you are not going to like my answer.

    I can not tell you why your internal Windows disk is corrupted or why files are missing, if it is the internal disk that files are missing from.

    I can caution you that if the external disk is formatted with a NTFS partition (as opposed to any type of FAT partition) that you should NOT use Knoppix to write to it. Also, if you did manage to write to it with Knoppix and that is the drive that now has more available space then you very likely corrupted it (and a lot more than 2 gif of files may be bad). The simple rule is to never write to NTFS with Knoppix (or, as far as I am concerned, any version of Linux).
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



HP ProCurve J9265A 6600-24XG 10GBE Layer3 Gigabit Switch w/ 2 x PSU picture

HP ProCurve J9265A 6600-24XG 10GBE Layer3 Gigabit Switch w/ 2 x PSU

$180.20