Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Knoppix boot from different partitions

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10
    <span style="background-color: #99FF99;">Thanks kl522,

    that's not academic as I cannot boot KNOPPIX on my USB driver with the described tecnique. I wish I could.
    Actually I can succeed copying KNOPPIX, linux and minirt.gz on a NTFS partition of my INTERNAL DISK the three files are fired with this 40_custom grub2 entry:

    menuentry "KNOPPIX LXDE" {
    set root=(hd0,2)
    linux /KNOPPIX/linux boot=/dev/sda2/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX ramdisk_size=100000 lang=it vt.default_utf8=0 nohome apm=power-off vga=normal norandr xmodule=vga nomce loglevel=1 tz=Europe/Rome
    initrd /KNOPPIX/minirt.gz
    }
    no success on USB drive instead.</span>

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10

    SOLVED (almost)

    kl522, I followed your criticism and I moved the same working configuration from the internal HDD to the USB drive to the NTFS partition (the former was ext2) and I can boot KNOPPIX finally.

    If I add the cheatcode desktop=kde I get the following error: "Call to lnusertemp failed (temporary directories full ?) Check your installation"

    can you suggest a working set of cheatcodes for kde ? gnome and lxde work fine.

    thanks again
    benny

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HYNIX  HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN   3200AA    16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory picture

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory

$105.00



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$36.99



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



128GB (8x16GB) SK hynix DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM HMA82GR7AFR8N picture

128GB (8x16GB) SK hynix DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM HMA82GR7AFR8N

$600.00



4x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC Registered RDIMM PC4-2133P 2Rx4 – M393A2G40DB0/EB1 picture

4x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC Registered RDIMM PC4-2133P 2Rx4 – M393A2G40DB0/EB1

$379.00



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95