-
Junior Member
registered user
Creating Knoppix-data.img
I have Knoppix 6.4.3 installed from CD on a 4GB memory stick. When booting it is inquired whether I want to create a persistent data image. I have given a number like 1500MB or 1500 but no image is created. In what form exactly should the amount be given and what mistakes can one make? Any advice is much appreciated. Matti Ollikainen
-
... type in only a number minor/equal free space on stick followed by <Enter>. You must be quick, Knoppix isn't waiting very long 
If you get the question for encryption all went well; otherwise reboot and try once more.
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
"Build personal Recovery-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix remaster)"
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks your advice resulted a solution so it seems. Encryption inquiry followed and then an image file was formatted. Now I hope all customizations i'll choose to consider will stick unlike they have so far! Matti Ollikainen
-
about the boot 'speed train' of the Knoppix live cd/usb run...
[QUOTE=Werner P. Schulz;122448]... You must be quick, Knoppix isn't waiting very long 
< Just wondering ... is there a manner to pause/step the boot? is like a 'expert' install where each stage is given to change option? Yannos
-
Senior Member
registered user
As soon as a single character is entered, the train stops.
-
There is indeed an "expert" mode." Once the train is stopped (before ~3 sec. and auto-boot continues) use the command:
Cheers!
Krishna
-
Senior Member
registered user
I just keep typing, but there's no rush.
-
Senior Member
Any way to create Persistent Image File without installing to hdd or USB-flash?
Is there any way at all to create a persistent image file if unable to boot from USB flash or hard drive? I managed to install 6.4.3 CD FS_Knoppix to a 2GB SD card on an external USB card reader on my Intel D865GLC desktop. But I can't find a way to make the desktop boot from that location. And I don't want to install to hard drive. In my recollection, most previous Knoppix versions allowed the creation of a persistent image file without installing to hard drive or USB flash, why can't it be done with 6.4.3?
-
Senior Member
Can't boot FS_Knoppix from laptop's internal flash card reader - why?
Why can't I boot FS_Knoppix from the internal card reader in a laptop? I installed FS_Knoppix 6.4.3 via an external USB card reader on my desktop, but couldn't find a way to boot from it. I then tried attaching the same Hama reader to the usb port of a Toshiba Satellite A500 02-F laptop, and it booted fine off that installation to SD card.
OTOH, when I tried to cut out the middle man and stuck the SD card in the Toshiba's internal flash card reader, it was ignored at bootup. With the external USB reader attached, USB showed up in the boot sequence (which I'd configured to boot USB first) as "generic usb", but with the card in the internal slot, there was no sign of any bootable USB device in the system. How come? And is there any way to boot from such a slot?
-

Originally Posted by
otropogo
Is there any way at all to create a persistent image file if unable to boot from USB flash or hard drive?
... perhaps the answer of Klaus Knopper may help you
http://lists.debian.org/debian-knopp.../msg00027.html
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
"Build personal Recovery-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix remaster)"
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00