-
Senior Member
Can't boot FS_Knoppix from laptop's internal flash card reader - why?
Why can't I boot FS_Knoppix from the internal card reader in a laptop? I installed FS_Knoppix 6.4.3 via an external USB card reader on my desktop, but couldn't find a way to boot from it. I then tried attaching the same Hama reader to the usb port of a Toshiba Satellite A500 02-F laptop, and it booted fine off that installation to SD card.
OTOH, when I tried to cut out the middle man and stuck the SD card in the Toshiba's internal flash card reader, it was ignored at bootup. With the external USB reader attached, USB showed up in the boot sequence (which I'd configured to boot USB first) as "generic usb", but with the card in the internal slot, there was no sign of any bootable USB device in the system. How come? And is there any way to boot from such a slot?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5â SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive
$349.99

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$70.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$58.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95