-
My problem is that a virus maybe has infected the boot section. I can boot with the Windows disc, but I can not proceed with the installation of Windows 7. I have tried that, but then I got an error message which said that it could be a hardware error.
It could ofcourse be a hardware error, but I think that I've had a virus, because Norton and the firewall was shut of and security updates were blocked. A colleague adviced me to boot the PC with Knoppix and then install Windows. But you say that this is not a good idea. Do you mean that it is impossible to do or just that it's a stupid thing to do?

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
You're talking nonsense. You don't need Knoppix to install Windows, and I don't know of any way that you would install any version of Windows using any version of Linux. Just shut down Knoppix. Remove the disc. Insert a bootable Windows install disc. Boot it. Install Windows, making sure that your computer boots from disc before hard disk. Be sure to do a full format of the hard disk to get rid of anything nasty that you may have installed on it.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Lenovo Thinkstation P330 Intel Core i7-8700 16GB 256+256=512GB WiFi With Screen
$650.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00