-
My problem is that a virus maybe has infected the boot section. I can boot with the Windows disc, but I can not proceed with the installation of Windows 7. I have tried that, but then I got an error message which said that it could be a hardware error.
It could ofcourse be a hardware error, but I think that I've had a virus, because Norton and the firewall was shut of and security updates were blocked. A colleague adviced me to boot the PC with Knoppix and then install Windows. But you say that this is not a good idea. Do you mean that it is impossible to do or just that it's a stupid thing to do?

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
You're talking nonsense. You don't need Knoppix to install Windows, and I don't know of any way that you would install any version of Windows using any version of Linux. Just shut down Knoppix. Remove the disc. Insert a bootable Windows install disc. Boot it. Install Windows, making sure that your computer boots from disc before hard disk. Be sure to do a full format of the hard disk to get rid of anything nasty that you may have installed on it.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99