-
Thanks for the info. I talked to my colleague again and what he meant what that I should erase the harddrive with Knoppix and then reinstall Windows 7. I tried this but it didn't work, because Knoppix couldn't access the harddrive with the standard Linux commands. I then tried to reinstall Windows and got the following error message:
Windows has encountered a problem connecting with your device. The error can be caused by unplugging a removable device such as an external hard drive while the drive is in use or by faulty hardware such as a harddrive or a CD rom drive that is failing. Make sure that any removable storage device is properly connected and thenrestart your PC.
status:0xc0000069
info:unexpected I/Oexception
All USB devices are removed,so it is probably the harddrive that is failing. I tried the memtest command, but then I got "memtest could not find kernel image:memtest".
If this is only a harddrive error, it is strange that Nortons software and Windows security updates were blocked. Maybe it is both a virus and harddrive error.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95