-
Finding Hardware
Where do I find something comparable to "My Computer" in windows, where I can see what drives are recognized? I cannot find external back up.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can see the drives and partitions found by Knoppix if you open an LXTerminal and issue If you issue then you should see which partitions have already been mounted. There is also an program hwinfo which gives detailed information about the system. You can issue to see the program's options.
-
Senior Member
registered user
@sdcougar
If I understand your question, another alternative
is to click on the PCManFM icon on the task bar
or select file manager from Main menu/preferences.
The left panel of PCManFM, the file manager, shows
most, if not all mounted or mountable media.
Those not mounted mount with a single click.
NTSF volumes show up as 'OS'. Careful mounting these,
since writes to NTSF are hazardous.
If your 'external backup' is a usb device, I would expect
it to show up. You might have to plug & unplug to get
it recognized.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

2 PACK Cisco AIR-AP2802I-B-K9 Aironet 2802 Series Dual Band Access Point
$19.85

Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage UNCLAIMED Lot of 10
$22000.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3560CX-8PC-S Managed Switch 8 PoE+ Port | Quantity Available
$97.49

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960x (WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) 48 Port POE Rack Mount Switch Brand New
$399.99